Daily Archives: March 8, 2010
Happy International Women’s Day!! I celebrated aaalll day. Easy to do when you’re a woman ;) Funny, I find the older I become, the more “pro woman” I am. I have my stellar role models to thank for that!
Speaking of strong women, did anyone check out Sandra Bullock’s guns during her speech last night?
Girl’s been lifting weights. Look, she’s all ready to curl that Oscar! I love seeing strong ladies, especially in Hollywood. It’s also slightly reassuring to know that even Sandra Bullock can make for a funny screen shot :P
I actually missed the Oscars because I was getting my beauty sleep for a workout this morning. I decided to switch things up and trade in my usual Monday morning spin class for a heavy upper-body day to keep from getting bored.
Warmed up with 20 minutes of sprint intervals on the elliptical. One-minute sprints at high resistance, followed by two minutes at an easier pace and resistance. Then on to the tough stuff:
|Assisted pull-up||55 lbs||5||4|
|Dumbbell bench press||22.5 lb dumbbells||5||4|
|Seated cable row||70 lbs||5||4|
|Dumbbell incline bench press||22.5 lb dumbbells||5||4|
|Cable underhand pulldown||70 lbs||5||4|
|Dumbbell shoulder press||17.5 lbs dumbbells||5||3|
|Incline curl||10 lb dumbbells||10 (ea)||3|
|Cable pushdown||30 lbs||5||3|
|Boat pose||45 sec||1|
|Side plank rotation||10 each side||1|
|Plank knee to elbow||20||1|
This was actually not as heavy as I would have liked it!! I could have easily gone up to 25 lb dumbbells for the bench presses, but 1) I didn’t have a spotter, and 2) I couldn’t get them up to start with! I’m fine once the weight is up, it’s just getting it above my head that first time that is difficult. Anyone got any tricks? I suppose I should just switch to the barbell since it’s already above my head, but I like the challenge of the dumbbells.
Desk-breakfast was what’s slowly becoming the usual…
Chased down with some iced coffee!
Lunch looks weak. That’s because it was.
Another snack attack…
I’m going to try to hold off on buying groceries this week so I eat up all the extra stuff I have in my freezer and cupboards. Today I dug out a couple turkey mini meatloaves that I made and froze a long ass time ago.
And finally, a tomato salad made with the darker kumatos, topped with balsamic vinegar, pepper, basil and parmesan cheese.
All together now!
What you don’t see here is how I smothered everything with ketchup after ;) Nomnom.
Weekly Goal Check-In!
I’ve decided Monday is the day to do this for no particular reason. I think my goals are off to a slow start…
1. Work on getting my car sold and apartment subletted. Well, I got a price estimate for my car and I’m posting my apartment on Kijiji as soon as I’m done blogging :)
2. Apply for a bazilion jobs in Toronto. Didn’t apply for any more this week. Seeing as I’ll be in Alberta for a chunk of June, it could potentially be almost July by the time I’m ready to start work. That’s a long ways away!
3. Take more initiative at work so I can finish my contract knowing I made a mark. I’m busy as hell at work, and right now I’m just happy to keep my head above the flood of projects that are coming in. Phew!
4. Learn as much as I can about personal training. FINISHED MY TEXTBOOK!! Yay!! My in-class training is in a couple weeks, so I just have to get through the online component before then, which will likely be time consuming.
5. Run outdoors again. This may happen this weekend if mother nature stays on my side. I don’t workout after work, and it’s still way too early in the season to run at 5:30 am (in the dark!!).
Sooo, #4 is the only one I rocked at, but I’m getting there! Now, I’m off to keep my promise and go post my apartment for rent…
Question of the Day: How are your goals going? I hope you wrote them down!!