Happy Saturday friends!! This is my last weekend as a working woman. Or, at least until I become an employed Torontonian. <—that word looks silly
I was thisclose to calling it a rest day today, but I got my butt out of bed and managed to stay pretty active!
I passed out at the usual time last night and was up at the usual workweek time. My body likes to stick to a schedule, what can I say.
I’ve actually been going through nut butter faster than I can eat oats out of them! Not today though. I’ve been saving this baby ;)
I savoured this so slowly that it actually got cold by the end. Something that never happens in the insulated jar. Maranatha should just sell near-empty jars ;)
That held me over for a while because there was probably a quarter cup’s worth of almond butter in there (exaggeration, maybe). Grabbed a “treat” for a snack to power me through kickboxing.
I want to like this flavour, as in my head it should taste like a chocolate chip cookie (probably my favourite food on the whole planet).
Body Combat was not as tough this week! It’s a new “release,” which means the songs and moves have all changed. A lot less jumping around, and a lot more punching. Meant my heart rate was lower, and my already sore biceps are now super angry at me. Incline curls kill them every single time.
The forecast called for rain today, but it hadn’t started yet by the time I got home. Archie was aalll over me to go for a walk, so I tempted fate and took him. Ten minutes in the sun came out and it was beautiful!! Ended up taking him along the river, for just over an hour. Archie was a total rockstar and made friends with everyone we met. People are never that friendly when it’s just me ;)
I also did a lot of observing of my fellow dog walkers – it’s true that people and their pets resemble each other.
It was almost 3pm by the time I sat down for lunch and I was starved.
Archie had something to eat too, and then passed out from exhaustion.
Poor fella, he was really struggling to keep up towards the end of the walk! He definitely doesn’t have the same energy he did 13 years ago…
Dinner was a quick and simple stir-fry.
And just so we’re clear, I had a piece of chocolate after every single meal today ;)
After dinner, I went out for another walk with a friend! 90 minutes in and all around downtown. T’was fun, but my feet are hurting after being on them all day. Going to spend the rest of the evening curled up, finishing Black Heels to Tractor Wheels: The Pioneer Woman’s true life Harlequin romance story . Love her.
Question of the Day: If you could get any (additional) pet, what would it be? This is something else I think about a lot, because I reallyreally want a dog someday. Probably the only thing that makes me desire settling down. Depending on where I live, I want either a basset hound or a cavalier king charles spaniel. Both of which probably resemble me in some way ;)
Another month gone, another list of things I learned! If you’re curious here’s what I learned in…
Now on to this month!
- As much as I wish it could, my body is not built for 6 workouts a week. I need a rest day every three days or my body and immune system shut down. I know this. There is nothing wrong with working out 4-5 times a week. In fact, that is more than enough.
- I am not as socially inept as I thought I was. Embracing my social awkwardness has actually allowed me to come out of my shell.
- The only thing that could possibly make custard oats taste better is eating them out of a near-empty almond butter jar.
- I do not have to be doing something productive with my time during all waking hours. Even more, I do not have to feel guilty about not constantly checking things off my to-do list.
- Despite whatever opportunities arise in the future, I will not stay in my current city when my work contract is up. For the sake of my mental sanity, it is time for me to get out.
- I am no longer allowed to bake or cook when I’m sick and full of mucus. It leads to things like kitchen fires and flat sweet bread.
- Protein bars take 5 minutes to make at home, and produce much tastier and healthier results
- I like going to bed early and being awake early. Plain and simple. There’s no point in pretending I want to do any different.
- Staying home all weekend because you don’t want to shovel is okay. Staying home from work because you don’t want to shovel is not.
- Cottage cheese and feta are an awesome pairing, and make for a stellar pita-filler when I’m running low on other protein.
- The older I get, the more I appreciate my family. I am so lucky for the family I have.
- I need more fat in my diet. My skin is in awful shape.
- I really am not a 9-5, mon-fri person.
- Sometimes, I just feel like snacking, and it’s okay if that means salt & pepper Popchips and a cheese sandwich for dinner.
- My home is a reflection of my state of being. If I am unhappy, my living space becomes an unhappy place to be.
- Lindt Fleur de Sel is officially the best chocolate there is.
- My living room can be an awesome place to work out.
- I don’t need to be a grown up, I just need to be me.
- Guar and xanthan gums are intimidating and require more experimenting with on my part.
- I don’t have it all figured out, and I probably never will. Maintaining my weight and eating habits will always require a conscious effort on my part.
- Deb is a genius for inventing the hot chocolate smoothie.
- Just because a person turns 24, does not mean they have to give up eating marshmallow fluff and sprinkles.
- Everyone needs to send their smoothie ‘stache photos to Janetha.
- Sometimes I need to dismiss my fear and embrace new relationships. Sometimes I need to work harder to restore old relationships. And sometimes I need to let go of relationships that just don’t work.
Your turn!! What did you learn this month??