Another month gone, another list of things I learned! If you’re curious here’s what I learned in…
Now on to this month!
- As much as I wish it could, my body is not built for 6 workouts a week. I need a rest day every three days or my body and immune system shut down. I know this. There is nothing wrong with working out 4-5 times a week. In fact, that is more than enough.
- I am not as socially inept as I thought I was. Embracing my social awkwardness has actually allowed me to come out of my shell.
- The only thing that could possibly make custard oats taste better is eating them out of a near-empty almond butter jar.
- I do not have to be doing something productive with my time during all waking hours. Even more, I do not have to feel guilty about not constantly checking things off my to-do list.
- Despite whatever opportunities arise in the future, I will not stay in my current city when my work contract is up. For the sake of my mental sanity, it is time for me to get out.
- I am no longer allowed to bake or cook when I’m sick and full of mucus. It leads to things like kitchen fires and flat sweet bread.
- Protein bars take 5 minutes to make at home, and produce much tastier and healthier results
- I like going to bed early and being awake early. Plain and simple. There’s no point in pretending I want to do any different.
- Staying home all weekend because you don’t want to shovel is okay. Staying home from work because you don’t want to shovel is not.
- Cottage cheese and feta are an awesome pairing, and make for a stellar pita-filler when I’m running low on other protein.
- The older I get, the more I appreciate my family. I am so lucky for the family I have.
- I need more fat in my diet. My skin is in awful shape.
- I really am not a 9-5, mon-fri person.
- Sometimes, I just feel like snacking, and it’s okay if that means salt & pepper Popchips and a cheese sandwich for dinner.
- My home is a reflection of my state of being. If I am unhappy, my living space becomes an unhappy place to be.
- Lindt Fleur de Sel is officially the best chocolate there is.
- My living room can be an awesome place to work out.
- I don’t need to be a grown up, I just need to be me.
- Guar and xanthan gums are intimidating and require more experimenting with on my part.
- I don’t have it all figured out, and I probably never will. Maintaining my weight and eating habits will always require a conscious effort on my part.
- Deb is a genius for inventing the hot chocolate smoothie.
- Just because a person turns 24, does not mean they have to give up eating marshmallow fluff and sprinkles.
- Everyone needs to send their smoothie ‘stache photos to Janetha.
- Sometimes I need to dismiss my fear and embrace new relationships. Sometimes I need to work harder to restore old relationships. And sometimes I need to let go of relationships that just don’t work.
Your turn!! What did you learn this month??