Posted by Susan
October turned out to be a big month for me, I learned:
- I am the only person who can make ME happy. In every sense of the phrase.
- Sometimes, the small things no longer cut it, and it takes some big things to change that
- Running out of coffee when you’re up at 4am really, really sucks
- Gas station coffee will never cut it
- I should get my hair cut more often
- It’s important to make sure the pros always outweigh the cons
- Apple cinnamon roll breakfast cookies are the best things since chocolate macaroon breakfast cookies
- Never buy cheap cheese, it’s not worth it.
- Sometimes the known is much scarier than the unknown
- Home is wherever your family is. Whether it be immediate family, extended family, or a family of friends
- There is no such thing as too many apples
- Size and weight do not dictate my happiness. Being thin may make life easier sometimes, but in no way does it make life perfect.
- Daylight savings is awesome when the clocks go back and you work at 5am the next day.
- Just because I can’t hand out candy to trick-or-treaters, doesn’t mean I can’t hand it out to myself.
- Goals are meant to be accomplished, no matter how lofty they may seem.
- When my body speaks, I should to listen
- Simply Bars have awesome nutritionals
- But the cocoa cacao with raspberry flavour just doesn’t do it for me.
- Nothing in my kitchen is off-limits. Sometimes, I just need to get my hands dirty and try out new dishes.
- I really, really enjoy exercise classes
- Candy corn is not at all the jujube candy I expected, but a sweet, creamy, addictive treat.
- I need to listen to my gut more often
- Some days a little bit of living room yoga is enough
- When I can’t be what I want to be doing, I can at least lose myself in one of my favourite books
Happy Halloween everyone!!!!
Question of the day: What did you learn in October?