Things I Learned The Month That Wasn’t
Posted by Susan
- I’ve been working a little too hard lately. Something that is easy to do when you genuinely love both your jobs. But I’ve lost all work/life balance.
- New running shoes make me want to run all. the. time.
- Candy makes the world go round…
- …and beer makes everything better.
- If I don’t pay attention, whole months can pass by without my notice. I need to be more present and less preoccupied.
- I miss my mom and feel homesick more than I admit.
- I’m still young and allowed to be a little reckless sometimes. That includes booking tickets for the Foodbuzz Festival in San Francisco on a whim!
- The only thing better than candy is candy baked into a cookie
- Except Tootsie Rolls and caramels DO NOT bake well. Holy candy explosion in my oven.
- My cellphone is my lifeline and living without it is difficult!
- I have absolutely no desire to do any form of journalistic work at the moment. The thought of deadlines and story meetings make me feel short of breath.
- I will however dress up as a journalist for Halloween. My idol, April O’Neil from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon circa 1990.
- B vitamins and Gatorade really do help a hangover.
- I’m really bad at settling down and feel like I need to be in a constant state of “unsettled.” Instead of fighting this desire, I think it’s time I embrace it and just go wherever the wind takes me!
Question of the Day: What did you learn in October?
Bonus question: Did you dress up for Halloween?