Daily Archives: June 10, 2010
I can say that, seeing as I’m travelling in Alberta right now :)
Since I am pre-writing this post, I have no idea what could have happened in Calgary last night with Holly. But I bet you anything it was a blast! Right now we should be in Banff, in the shadow of the Canadian Rockies. Maybe doing yoga, because that’s what one does when they’re in one of the most beautiful places in the world.
Today’s instalment of the Blogger Interview Series is brought to you by Danielle from Runs on Green. Now, this interview must come with a pre-amble. We did this interview back when Danielle was blogging at “Coffee Run.” Then Danielle felt the need to go and change her blog name strictly to screw up this whole series.
Okay, I’m being dramatic. Still heart ya Danielle!
Danielle isn’t just any ole’ healthy living blogger. She’s currently working on a degree in dietetics and knows her stuff. She’s also one of those vegans that makes delicious looking food. The type of food that a carnivore such as myself still drools over. Oh yeah, and she just happened to run a marathon last weekend, cause ya know, that’s how she casually spends her free time ;)
1. Quick! Describe your blog in 6 words!
2. How did you come up with your blog name?
– I spent days trying to come up with a name and this was the best I could do. It’s sort of a play on words…like "Hey, I’m going on a coffee run to Starbucks" and the fact that I literally run…on coffee.
3. What attracted you to blogging?
– The whole community seemed really friendly and supportive! And who doesn’t like to talk about food??
4. What surprised you about blogging?
– I had no idea it took this much time. I thought it would take 20 minutes max. to upload some pictures and write a post. But I soon found that blogging is much more than writing posts; it’s a whole interactive community. You read other blogs, comment, e-mail, etc. Also, I like to edit my posts so that they’re easier to read (meaning free of grammatical errors) and concise so I’m not rambling on and losing your attention ;)
5. What do you do for content ideas?
– I’m really not a planner when it comes to blogging. My thoughts flow on a day-to-day basis so if I think about something interesting, I’ll mention it in a post. Also, I’m currently a dietetic student so I’m learning about new & interesting things all the time!
6. Blogging is a big time commitment – what makes it worth it to you?
– I love the community! I’ve "met" some of the nicest people and I love that everyone’s different. I read blogs of omnivores, vegans, raw foodies, runners, college students, moms, etc.
7. What hobbies did you have before you started blogging?
– I’m in college so my hobbies included watching tv, studying, and hanging out with friends. I’d like to think that blogging is more productive than watching tv or stalking people on facebook (you know you do it too) ;)
8. What is one secret you’ve thus far conveniently kept off your blog?
– Hmmm…I’m afraid of heights? I know, that’s not very interesting. I don’t have many secrets!
9. What do your friends and family think of your blogging habits?
– My family is very supportive and read on a regular basis (*waves*) and my friends think it’s "legit" so…I guess that’s a good thing
10. What other blogger inspires you?
– So many bloggers inspire me I can’t pick just one! My readers inspire me too :)
But enough about me, I want to know a secret about YOU (the readers) and which bloggers give you inspiration??