Mind Your Qs and As
Hi friends! Hope everyone’s week has gone by swimmingly. Mine’s been pretty relaxed – definitely needed and appreciated :)
My alarm went off at 5:45 am and I had second thoughts about going to the gym. Actually, I do not hop out of bed bright-eyed and bushy-tailed every morning. I’m quite grumpy until I get some food and caffeine in me. I think the key is to just know that the haziness doesn’t last long.
Sooo, I hobbled into my gym clothes, walked into a few walls, ate half a banana and PB, chugged back a glass of iced coffee and stumbled out the door. Today was a treadmill day. Yup – straight up treadmill, because I FOUND MY IPOD!! Wooo! Here’s how my hour of running and entertaining tunes went down…
*on a 1% incline
|Minutes||Speed – MPH|
|10-20||1-minute intervals of 6.0 and 6.4|
|20-30||1-minute intervals of 6.2 and 6.6|
|30-40||1-minute intervals of 6.4 and 6.8|
|40-50||1-minute intervals of 6.6 and 7.0|
Loved being back at it! It’s been a few weeks since I’ve ran anything over 3 miles, but I did 5.3 pretty “easily” today. Next week I’ll get up earlier and do 10k ;)
Showered and went straight to work, where I risked my life to eat yogurt.
I mixed up the remainder of my Liberte Greek yogurt with cashew butter, maple syrup, cinnamon, shredded coconut and dates last night, then I left it out on the counter!! It was in my insulated lunch bag, so that probably kept it temperate for an extra couple hours. It smelled/tasted fine this morning so I just went for it. That’s $3 worth of yogurt right there!!!
I sprinkled on some fauxnola granola at the office. Dare I say, it was delicious! Nut butter in Greek yogurt is much better than in regular yogurt.
Chased down with some more iced coffee.
I actually prefer my coffee hot, but the iced stuff is quicker to drink in the morning. It’s also more thirst quenching after the gym ;)
Work was uneventful, I came home to a deep dish salad.
- yellow & orange pepper
- smoked mackerel
Dessert was a few of these bad boys:
I often get comments from people noting how I can eat only five M&Ms or one Hershey’s Kiss at a time. First off, I don’t view these as a “snack,” but a teeny sweet treat after a meal. I usually have at least a couple sweet treats like this throughout the day. I rather spread it out than eat it all in one sitting. Plus, I suck on these eggs until they melt in my mouth – it takes almost five minutes!
Shortly after dinner I found the energy to go to yoga class. I’ve been putting it off all week, but was motivated by knowing tonight’s instructor does mostly gentle hatha. Plus, I got to wear my new Lululemon pants!
Yoga was actually challenging tonight! She had us doing a bunch of “bladder friendly” poses. Picture lots of frog poses and equally embarrassing legs-spread bum-in-the-air type things :P
I was pretty hungry by the time I came home again, so I immediately made another carrot peanut butter protein cake.
- 1 scoop (30g) vanilla whey protein powder
- cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp egg whited
- 2 tbsp carrot baby food
- 1/2 tbsp peanut butter
All stirred up in a mug and popped in the microwave for 90 seconds. I topped it with marshmallow fluff watered down with almond milk. And sprinkled of course! Yumyum :)
I’m getting some great questions for my next round of Q&A’s! I’m going to dedicate whole posts to a few of them, and then just sprinkle them throughout other posts. Today’s questions come from the ever-talented Sophia:
1) What was your dream job when you were little? Was it journalism?
2) ‘fess up! Ever crave fast food? ;-)
1) When I was little, I thought I was going to be a veterinarian. That idea was soon lost after getting an electric guitar for my 14th birthday, after which I was convinced I was destined for punk-rock stardom. There were brief periods where I though I wanted to be an English teacher, flight attendant, career barista, and MTV host. I think the most recent dream jobs have all involved communication to some degree, and that’s probably why I ended up doing journalism in university. It’s still my dream to communicate what I’m passionate about with people. That’s why I’m pursuing personal training, and hopefully will find a job writing about it!
2) Yes! More specifically – Burger King veggie burgers. I used to eat them all the time when I was a vegetarian and I love them. Even the sketchy mayo that comes on top. But I was a vegetarian between the ages of 14-22, what I would consider to be the fast-food “formative years.” So I never had a chance to develop a taste for greasy burgers and chicken nuggets. Also, I never liked fast-food french fries. I’m a Maritimer, I need a good potato!!
Now it’s your turn! What was your dream job growing up? And what’s you favourite fast food??
Remember, if you have a question, anything from food, fitness, or personal fun stuff, leave me a comment or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
See ya tomorrow!
Posted on February 18, 2010, in Fun, Workouts and tagged FAQ, greek yogurt, hatha yoga, iced coffee, intervals, Lululemon, mackerel, mini eggs, protein cake, protein powder, running, salad, treadmill, workout clothes, yoga. Bookmark the permalink. 27 Comments.