Things I Learned This Month – November
- Dark chocolate M&Ms are a wonderful addition to my Best Bowl of Oats Ever
- Workouts are only has good as the effort you put in. Especially Monday morning step classes.
- Calorie counting is okay every once in a while to make sure I’m not falling back into old bad habits.
- Amazing Grass does not make for an amazing meal replacement, but it does make for an amazing post-workout snack.
- I need to eat more healthy fats.
- Honesty is always the best policy.
- It makes no sense to work in a field you don’t love, when the field you do love is right in front of you
- I still have a lot to learn.
- The people I’ve met through blogging are amazing. You have all made my life so much richer. Every hour put into blogging has been worth it.
- I need to install food photography lighting in my kitchen.
- Chocolate whey protein powder is not a great addition to baked goods.
- If I’m not happy, I’m the only person who can fix it. Sometimes the solution is quite simple, other times it takes a little more work.
- Peanut butter tastes awesome in everything.
- Peanut butter hummus is also a wonderful addition to a turkey pita
- I will never, ever tire of pitas and carrot sticks for lunch.
- I thrive on the energy of other people. This is hard to do when I’m not surrounded by other people.
- Life is very, very long. If all goes well, I should have the opportunity to follow many dreams, and not just one.
- “Salary” does not mean more money than “wage.”
- Almond butter makes for a tasty salad dressing when mixed with sesame oil, Bragg’s, agave and lime juice.
- Tofu and chicken taste awesome together. I’m still a carnivore with the soul of a vegetarian.
- Eating does not have to be complicated. Just simple foods eaten when hungry, with an occasional piece of sumthin’ to make my tastebuds happy.
- I need to stop being who people expect me to be, and start being who I want to be.
Question of the Day: What did you learn this month?
Posted on November 30, 2009, in Fun, Lessons Learned, Workouts and tagged almond butter, chicken, hummus, Lessons Learned, M&Ms, oat bran, oatmeal, peanut butter, personal training, pita, salad, tofu, turkey, work. Bookmark the permalink. 28 Comments.