Hello bloggie friends! Some excellent goals being set over on this post. I’m going to be checking in again every Monday to update with how I’m doing on my monthly goals. I suggest you write down your goals so you can check in too!! This way we won’t forget about them and actually get them achieved :)
Well the worst is behind us. That’s right, Tuesday is over. Today was actually a decent day in Susan-land. T’was a fun day at work. Started off spectacularly with a heavy upper-body weight lifting sesh.
|Assisted chin-up||55 lbs||5||4|
|Romanian deadlift to row||60 lb barbell||5||4|
|Incline chest fly||20 lb dumbbells||5||4|
|Close-grip lat pull down||70 lbs||5||4|
|Seated cable chest press||35 lbs||5||4|
|Arnold press||17.5 lb dumbbells||5||4|
|Seated hammer curl||15 lb dumbbell||5 each arm||3|
|Tricep extension||20 lb dumbbell||5||3|
|YTWL||7.5 lb dumbbells||5 each letter||3|
|Boat pose||60 sec||1|
|Plank knee to elbow||15 each side||1|
|Side plank rotation||15 each side||1|
Pheeeewie! My arms feel pretty good right now, but I know they’re going to be dead tomorrow. All last week it hurt just to hang my arms at my side, I expect nothing less this week ;)
Got to work nice and early to enjoy breakfast at my desk.
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/2 scoop vanilla whey powder
- 1 tbsp cashew butter
- drizzle maple syrup
Morning snack was a piece of low-carb banana bread.
Today I sandwiched some of my fave protein goo (protein powder + water) in there.
Lunch was leftovers from last night.
However, I didn’t portion enough leftovers for myself, so I had to dig into my afternoon snack early.
Apple Cinnamon Protein Bar. Click on the link – it’s got a recipe page now!!
Dinner was a big ole’ salad.
- yellow & red bell pepper
- roasted soy nuts
- herbed tofu
The dressing was watered down pizza cheese with 2 tbsp hummus, 2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes and 2 tbsp water. The tofu was also sautéed in a new food buy!
Coconut oil!! I’ve been wanting to try it forever after reading so many rave reviews on blogs. Fatty February finally gave me the extra push I needed to spend ten bucks on a jar. You only need a little bit, so I think my $10 will actually spread pretty far! I couldn’t really pick up the flavour on the tofu though, I’ll have to try it with veggies next.
Speaking of veggies, see that dark tomato there?
It’s actually a kumato!
Not a very exciting day in terms of food. Very simple, but my body is feeling good about what I fed it today :) Luckily, Ellie tagged me in a fun award!
The rules are as follows:
1. Thank the person who gave this to you.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you.
4. Tell up to six outrageous lies about yourself, and at least one outrageous truth.
5. Nominate seven “Creative Writers” who might have fun coming up with outrageous lies.
6. Post links to the seven blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them.
Ahem. Thank you Ellie ;) Now onto my outrageous lies + one truth:
1. I read 36 books one summer in elementary school.
2. I won the highland dancing provincials when I was 6 years old.
3. I’ve been to Sidney Crosby’s house in Halifax although he wasn’t home at the time.
4. The fastest mile I ever ran was done in 7 minutes and 14 seconds.
5. I once made a vanilla latte for Jack White of the White Stripes.
6. When I was a reporter, I did a live television hit for Canada’s national news network, CBC Newsworld.
So my Question of the Day is which one do you think is the truth??
My nominations are randomly selected from the comments on my last post:
Oh! One last thing! I want to start posting pictures/links to people who try out my recipes/eats. If you’re a blogger, leave me a comment or e-mail me with a link to your post and I’ll feature it. If you’re a non-blogger, send me some pics and you’ll be a blogger for a day ;) E-mail is email@example.com So if you’ve tried out a recipe in the past you want to share, send it my way, and keep it in mind for all future attempts!
See ya tomorrow for Waffle Wednesday!
Ch-ch-check out the sweet headband I got from Matt at No Meat Athlete. Thanks Matt! You’ve just helped me plump up my future personal trainer wardrobe ;)
Okay, honestly, I had no idea how to start this post, but at least I now have your attention :)
Totally loved hearing all the personal items y’all need with you at work. Hand cream and chapstick were definitely the most popular, with pictures and post-its slightly behind. Although Emily has rubber bands in the shape of zoo animals and Janetha suggested a day-by-day calendar. I was actually quite entertained by the responses!!
In other news, I was up at 5:30 am for spin class today. It was stellar as per usual. I’m actually starting to get to know some of the faces in the class. Not to mention, I feel hardcore in the bike jersey Chris got me for Christmas.
Came back home after to shower and celebrate Waffle Wednesday.
Work eats look disgusting, but I promise they were fantastic.
Morning snack was yogurt mixed with vanilla protein powder and strawberries. For lunch I had leftovers a la Leah! I have a fridge next to my office, and I’ve been eating in a cafeteria with a microwave. It feels like such a luxury to have a hot lunch! (how sad is that?). Anyways, it was Indian Cauliflower Stew with added shrimp. Afternoon snack attack was two carrot cake protein squares and a cheese string.
Nothing exciting to report from work. I ran into an old colleague at the drug store after, and he was asking me all about switching from journalism to communications. Or as reporters call it – “going to the dark side.” PR work is a whole different ball game. Totally different than journalism work. I feel like I have so much to re-learn (and forget!).
I bought a can of baked beans a while back after seeing them on Caitlin’s blog so frequently. I suddenly had a hankering for them and eggs for dinner.
Breakfast supper of champions.
With an egg scramble. Various veggies from the fridge with cottage cheese and laughing cow cheese. What really made it was the green olives I added. Green olives and eggs are such a fantastic flavour duo!
My three addictions wrapped into one. Date + PB + M&Ms. Times two.
So a while back, I was a recipient of a Beautiful Blogger Award by Averie – a beautiful blogger herself ;) It’s about time I display it proudly!!
- I don’t like wine. I’ve tried, numerous times. But I just never developed the palette for it.
- Babies scare me. They’re cute to look at, but please don’t ask me to hold or interact with one.
- I refuse to have the colour pink anywhere on my road bike.
- A childhood friend died downhill skiing when I was 10 years old. I’ve since developed a fear of ski hills and have only ever done cross-country.
- I only own two exercise bras. Instead of doing laundry every day, I often hand wash them in my sink between washes.
- The Beatles are my favourite band of all time. You will be “shushed” if one of their songs comes on the radio.
- I’m still wearing that headband. It’s keeping my forehead warm!
I must pass this on to seven other bloggers. In order to keep this fair, I randomly picked seven people who commented on my last post. Kinda like a giveaway, except it’s a jpeg and not something you can eat ;)
Wow, random.org is pretty smart. All totally deserving and beautiful bloggers in my opinion!!
Speaking of smart websites, I urge you to go check out www.cleverbot.com. Ask it something, although the responses aren’t always that clever..
Okee, bedtime! See ya tomorrow!