Daily Archives: May 22, 2010
Hello! Susan here! I wish I could say I’m off relaxing at my family’s cottage right now. But I have a funny feeling they instead have me hard at work ;)
Today, I bring you Part 3 of the Blogger Interview Series featuring Diane from Fit To The Finish.
I can’t remember how I stumbled across Diane’s website, but from that first click I was hooked. For two people so different, I find Diane’s blog posts always speak to me in a way I can relate to.
Diane has maintained a 150 lb weight loss for a dozen years and is the mother of seven beautiful children. She writes regularly about what it’s like to be overweight, lose weight, and keep it off.
1. Quick! Describe your blog in 6 words! Lost 150 pounds and loves to share!
2. How did you come up with your blog name? I was standing in my kitchen about a year after I lost all my weight. I had just written a weight loss class and needed a name. It just popped into my head. I’ve called my class Fit to the Finish ever since. Whenever I self publish my book that’s what it is going to be called too. I was so glad when I started my website that the url was available.
3. What attracted you to blogging? The ease with which we can communicate with each other. I like the community feel and the ability to make real friends even if we never meet in person.
4. What surprised you about blogging? I was surprised how wide and deep the community was. When I first began in March of 2009 I felt very alone. But as I found more and more blogs about weight loss and healthy living I realized there are hundreds of other bloggers out there doing the same thing I was. It was a neat revelation.
5. What do you do for content ideas? I often pull from experiences I had as a morbidly obese 300 pound woman. I know some of those experiences are embarrassing or hard to read, but I also know that’s the reality for a lot of people. I also think about what emotions and experiences I had along the way that may help other people in their own journey. On the weekends, I like to write about what is going on with my family that week.
6. Blogging is a big time commitment – what makes it worth it to you? Every time I get an email from someone who shares their experiences with me I feel like I am making a difference. I’ve received emails and pictures from people who have shown me that after reading my blog for a time they have gotten back on their own weight loss road and are seeing a real difference in their appearance and their health. In fact, every comment I receive makes the time worth it. I try to stay very scheduled with blogging, as it is very easy to sit in front of the computer all day long!
7. What hobbies did you have before you started blogging? I enjoy reading, scrapbooking, sewing, playing with my kids, and cooking. I still do all those things except the sewing. I haven’t had a lot of time to sew recently!
8. What is one secret you’ve thus far conveniently kept off your blog? I’ve kept off the blog the fact that I’m adopted and have had a reunion with my birth family! I guess it’s not a secret now.
9. What do your friends and family think of your blogging habits? My family thinks it is great. My 16 year old daughter loves to check the blog throughout the day and read what people are saying. I can see her starting her own blog one day. My friends don’t understand how I find the time with my seven kids! Sometimes I don’t know how I find the time either – but I make time for what I love.
10. What other blogger inspires you? There are so many. I love your blog because you are balancing real life with healthy living. I love 266′s blog because she has lost 100 pounds. I love Leah’s blog and Pam’s blog because they are in the trenches. Honestly, there are so many others I couldn’t even begin to list them.
Thank you Diane!! Wonderful insight. This line really hit me: “but I make time for what I love.” It is so true!
Question of the Day: What’s one thing you love to do that you make time for no matter what?