Things I Learned – October 2009
Posted by Susan
October turned out to be a big month for me, I learned:
- I am the only person who can make ME happy. In every sense of the phrase.
- Sometimes, the small things no longer cut it, and it takes some big things to change that
- Running out of coffee when you’re up at 4am really, really sucks
- Gas station coffee will never cut it
- I should get my hair cut more often
- It’s important to make sure the pros always outweigh the cons
- Apple cinnamon roll breakfast cookies are the best things since chocolate macaroon breakfast cookies
- Never buy cheap cheese, it’s not worth it.
- Sometimes the known is much scarier than the unknown
- Home is wherever your family is. Whether it be immediate family, extended family, or a family of friends
- There is no such thing as too many apples
- Size and weight do not dictate my happiness. Being thin may make life easier sometimes, but in no way does it make life perfect.
- Daylight savings is awesome when the clocks go back and you work at 5am the next day.
- Just because I can’t hand out candy to trick-or-treaters, doesn’t mean I can’t hand it out to myself.
- Goals are meant to be accomplished, no matter how lofty they may seem.
- When my body speaks, I should to listen
- Simply Bars have awesome nutritionals
- But the cocoa cacao with raspberry flavour just doesn’t do it for me.
- Nothing in my kitchen is off-limits. Sometimes, I just need to get my hands dirty and try out new dishes.
- I really, really enjoy exercise classes
- Candy corn is not at all the jujube candy I expected, but a sweet, creamy, addictive treat.
- I need to listen to my gut more often
- Some days a little bit of living room yoga is enough
- When I can’t be what I want to be doing, I can at least lose myself in one of my favourite books
Happy Halloween everyone!!!!
Question of the day: What did you learn in October?
Posted on October 31, 2009, in Lessons Learned, Reviews and tagged apples, books, breakfast cookie, candy, candy corn, cheese, Lessons Learned, The Simply Bar, tootsie pop. Bookmark the permalink. 22 Comments.