Daily Archives: September 27, 2009
Hello!! Hope you all had fantabulous weekends :) I always feel so weird writing weekend posts, because I’m speaking to people who mostly had the days off. But I’m smack middle in my work week!
It was a slow news day, my only assignment was to clean the newsroom. Wow. I don’t think it’s been cleaned since the introduction of computers…
I came home tired and hungry, so I decided to satisfy my hunger first. With a parfait!
I don’t like wine, so it was nice to find a use for my wine glasses :)
It had a blueberry bran vitamuffin, peanut butter, blueberry jam and yogurt.
Baaahhh, soooo good!! I just sort of plopped little bits of PB and jam as I layered the muffin and yogurt. Every bite was different and delicious!
Then I promptly passed out for two hours. These early morning shifts still really tucker me out. My body just can’t get used to them!
After navigating my way out of a post-nap fog (and a banana), I went to the gym. Weekend afternoons at the gym are so chill. It’s so easy to just whittle away my day playing around on the equipment. Actually, that’s exactly what I did :P
I’m a total nerd and often bring cheat sheets to the gym with me. If I’m trying out new moves, I’ll write down descriptions so I don’t flub up and get the form wrong!
Anyways, here’s what I did:
- 15 minutes on the elliptical, increasing resistance every 2 minutes
- Middle ab circuit (x3)
- 10 minutes on the rowing machine
- Oblique circuit (x3)
- 10 minutes on the stepmill, increasing then decreasing speed
- Challenge ab moves
- two 90-second planks
- 10 minutes running on the treadmill, increasing speed every 2 minutes
- 5 minutes walking on treadmill
With stretching after, I was at the gym for over an hour and a half! Whoops.
I was staaaarving by the time I got home. So I just threw a bunch of stuff in the oven so it would be ready for when I got out of the shower :)
I covered some tofu in teriyaki sauce and black sesame seeds.
Deeeelicious!! My favourite parts were actually the mushrooms and onions. They make such a mean combo when cooked!
I’m still pretty hungry though. This was eaten at 7pm, and my “lunch” was at 10am, with a couple snacks and a long ass workout in between. I find I need a substantial meal every few hours. Now I feel like I just can’t get satisfied!
Well that wraps it up for me. Regardless of my afternoon coma, I’m still exhausted! I want to be nice and chipper for my step class tomorrow. Ohthatsright. I’m going back!
Question(s) of the day:
1. What’s your favourite time to go to the gym? Definitely love my weekend afternoons! I used to go on Friday nights which was a lot of fun. My least fave is after work. It’s when it’s the busiest and just seems like no one wants to be there.
2. What are some of your favourite ab moves? I used to hate the plank, but I love challenging myself with it now. I also really like the Pilates “roll up.”
See ya tomorrow!